Sunday, April 10, 2011

99/365: Night Practice

I had to take out the Speedlight again in honor of the Flash Bus Tour workshop (more on this in the next post).

While I'm not too excited about the pose, I was pretty happy with the lighting result. This was taken in our backyard with a tiny bit of window light (to assist in focusing) and with the Speedlight bounced against the brick wall behind me. Settings:  1/250, f/5.0, ISO 400 focal length 46mm (15-85 lens).

6 comments:

Tracy April 10, 2011 at 10:38 PM  

This shot is so neat. I love the way the lighting is! I think the pose is pretty neat as well ;)

Amy April 11, 2011 at 10:41 AM  

Love the lighting! Great job. I kind of like the pose too :-)

Anonymous April 11, 2011 at 11:19 AM  

q guapo john!!! -wp

Trish ~ ♥ ~ April 11, 2011 at 4:07 PM  

love it! great job

Misty April 11, 2011 at 11:57 PM  

Great job with the lighting!

Kristin April 12, 2011 at 11:47 PM  

I like the pose, and I love the lighting. I never knew you could bounce light around like this until recently and it seems so odd to me, but I guess it'll inspire me to give it a try.

Followers

About This Blog

Welcome to my world! I'm a mother of two little ones and a wife to a wonderful guy. This blog is for capturing what I see every day through my lens. It's my 365 Project, where I commit to one picture a day.

In my camera bag: a Canon 7D, a 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8 and an EF-S 15-85mm (my travel lens!).

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP